Managing Your Diabetes
It's easy to feel overwhelmed by all of the medical terms and tests your doctor tells you about. You don't have to be. Our diabetes management program can help you:
- Control diabetes
- Be as active as you can
The program is offered at no additional cost to eligible members.
We believe that the more you learn about diabetes, the better equipped you will be to manage your care, be active and avoid complications. When you enroll in our diabetes program, here is what you will receive:
- New member packet that contains additional information on the program and how to manage your diabetes.
- Telephone access to a nurse, who will answer your questions about diabetes.
- Condition management services. A nurse will work with your doctor to help you develop a treatment plan, answer questions, and support your progress.
Members who want to find out if they are eligible for the program should call 888-264-8648.
Explore our Diabetes Center
Links To Related Sites
- The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is the nation's leading nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy. To reach the ADA, visit www.diabetes.org or call 800-DIABETES (800-342-2383) and speak to trained operators who can provide information about all aspects of diabetes management and refer you to local diabetes programs and services.
- The Joslin Diabetes Center's Web site at www.joslin.org is a great resource for the latest in diabetes news and research information.