Your heart nurtures every system, organ and cell in your body. That is why it is so important to take care of it. Your heart's health depends on you and the lifestyle choices you make. Our program can help you:
- Know which risk factors you can control.
- Be as active as you can.
The program is offered at no additional cost to eligible members.
We believe that the more you learn about your condition, the better equipped you will be to manage it. As part of our program, we provide the following educational resources to our members:
- New member packet that contains additional information about the program and how to manage your condition.
- Telephone access to a nurse, who will answer your questions about heart disease.
- Condition management services. A nurse will work with you and your doctor to help you develop a treatment plan, set goals and support your progress.
Members who want to find out if they are eligible for the program should call 888-264-8648.
Explore CareFirst's online Heart Center
Links to related sites
- The American Heart Association's mission is to reduce disability and death from cardiovascular disease and stroke. Visit www.heart.org, where you can access an A-Z guide on heart and stroke.